New Brandywine Base Lodge
Peak Resorts has announced its plan to build a new 48,000 square foot main base lodge at Brandywine Ski Resort. The new lodge is estimated to be a capital investment of upwards of $5 million which will replace three existing buildings resulting in all skier services being combined in one convenient location.
Inside The New Brandywine Base Lodge
Brandywine Lodge Demolition
See more photos on our Facebook Page
Brandywine Base Lodge FAQ's
- That date has not been set yet however we expect to start the demolition process of the old buildings immediately following the end of the 2011/2012 season. We are working with local fire departments to take over the buildings for a period of time to be used for training facilities.
- Once the old buildings are down and the site prepared for the erection of the building, we estimate a six month build time.
- It will be a steel building with a variety of finish materials on the exterior.
- Above are renderings of the exterior of the building. We will provide more images and layouts as we get further into the process.
- Yes the entire length of the second floor will have an outdoor patio.
- The first 500 people to purchase a Summit Pass (on sale February 21,2012) will be invited to the Grand Opening ceremony of the new lodge in November.
- Yes, Buckeye Sports will have space on the ground floor.
- There will be one set of bathrooms on the ground floor, they will be awesome.
- There will be six ticket windows on the exterior of the building.
- Yes. It will have seasonal rental lockers, daily rental lockers, and open cubbies for storage. No bags will be allowed on the second floor seating area, they must be stored in the first floor lockers. This is to allow ample seating room for all guests.
- No, there will be no outside food or picnicking allowed.
- Yes we plan on having wireless internet access available in areas of the lodge.
- No, the only equipment allowed will be rental equipment and equipment being stored in seasonal lockers. All other equipment must be left outside of the building.
- No, we will provide ample ski racks and recommend you lock your gear.
- Food will be served in two locations on the second floor, the cafeteria and the bar. The cafeteria will be a scramble design that allows you to pick up food from several areas. We plan on introducing some exciting new menu items. The bar will have wait service and overlook the slopes through large windows.
- We will be adding some large cubbies to the locker area for storage. This will allow bags to be stored away from the cafeteria seating area and help create a more comfortable dining experience. Other small projects are in discussion but please understand the base lodge construction at Brandywine is such a large project it will require the majority of our attention.
- Imagine the current base lodge building that houses the cafeteria and expand it almost to the parking lot, that is where the new building will sit.
- Ski Patrol will be house in the new facility. We will have a plan in place for transporting injured guests across the bridge by the maintenance building.
- As of right now yes.
- There will be increases but we feel they are very moderate compared to the cost of a new building.
- When comparing the existing facilities it’s clear that Brandywine needs it more. Boston Mills has a classic timber frame lodge with two beautiful fireplaces and great views of the slopes where Brandywine is currently lacking these qualities.
- No, we plan to operate the season as long as snow conditions permit. The construction will begin once we are closed.
- Completely new, no. However we will be doing repairs to it once we see the damage from this season and construction equipment driving on it throughout the summer.